Buying Ether with a credit card is much simpler than you may think. In this 2020 guide, we’ll show you how to buy Ether with a credit card in just 7 steps.
Before we start, let’s first take a look at what you’ll need to make a successful Ether purchase.
What do you need to buy Ether with a credit card?
1. An active credit card
This first step speaks for itself. Just make sure that your credit card is active and you have it with you at the moment of buying Ether. If you can’t have it with you, just make sure you have your card number, expiry date, security code, and full name. Most platforms accept Visa or MasterCard, so try to have a credit card of either of these companies.
2. An active Ether wallet
An Ether wallet will allow you to deposit and withdraw your funds whenever you want. For security reasons, only you should have access to your Ether wallet. Nowadays, there are endless options to choose from when it comes to creating your first Ether wallet. However, we suggest choosing an Ether wallet taking these important aspects into account:
- Security: ideally you want your Ether wallet to have a private key feature. This allows you to safely control access to your wallet.
- Backup: a great wallet also offers backup features.
- Ease of use: your Ether wallet should be intuitive and understandable already from the first moment of use.
- Compatibility: the more operating systems and devices your Ether wallet is compatible with, the easier it will be for you to access and keep control of it.
- Fees: the fees should be clearly stated in every transaction you will do, whether it’s depositing or withdrawing funds from your Ether wallet.
3. Determine how much you want to spend
Establishing how much money you want to spend to buy Ether (ETH) with a credit card will be of importance for the KYC verification process or identity verification process requirements.
Using Bitcaribe, there will be no required KYC verification process for purchases below $50 daily, and a maximum of $150 per month. The KYC acronym stands for “Know Your Customer” which is an identity verification process. You can read more about it here.
Follow the step-by-guide below and learn how you can buy Ether with a credit card in a few minutes.
A step-by-step guide to buying Ether with a credit card
To buy Ether with a credit card without verification, follow these 7 steps:
- Visit Bitcaribe to start your purchase.
- Select Ether under Currency and insert an amount of $50 or less per day and up to $150 per month under Amount to skip the KYC verification process. Please note that for users in the United States, the KYC verification is mandatory.
- Enter your Ether wallet address and click on Buy Now.
- Enter your email address and click on Continue.
- Insert the code sent to your email and click on Continue.
- Enter your personal information. Namely, full name, date of birth, and address.
- Insert your credit card payment details and click on Buy Now.
After following these 7 steps to buying Ether with a credit card, you should receive the funds in your wallet in approximately 15 minutes.
What should I do if I want to buy more than $150 in Ether per month?
If you want to buy Ether with a credit card and you would like to have the freedom to exceed $150 per month, then you must verify your identity by following Bitcaribe’s KYC verification process. The purpose of the KYC verification process is to verify your identity in order to prevent fraud and ensure that no one, except you, is able to use your payment information to buy Ether with a credit card.
In order to verify your identity using Bitcaribe, please read our step-by-step guide in this article.
Once you have successfully verified your identity, you’ll be able to buy Ether with a credit card with broader buying limits. On Bitcaribe, the daily limit is $5,000 and the monthly limit is $20,000.
We hope that our 2020 guide to buying Ether with a credit card has provided you with all the necessary information to make a safe a successful purchase.
If you still have any doubts or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us through the following channels:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org